FOCAALE - Recommendations
The FOCAALE project ends with the publication of recommendations for all project stakeholders:
- French trainers teaching to an adult migrant public who are not readers and are not writers;
- Trainers of trainers of French teaching to a non-reader non-writer migrant audience;
- Heads of training organisations;
- Training manager in the field of French and other language as a foreign language;
- Policy makers working on integration and social inclusion issues, training of trainers, foreign language training.
The three years of the project have enabled the partnership to put forward the following 6 recommendations:
- Empowering the trainers: trainers must have the necessary resources to address the learners’ needs
- Boost the sector’s professionalization: the professionalization of trainers’ role must be encouraged, strengthened, and supported.
- Enhance the role of the non-profit sector: the collaboration between the associative non-profit sector and the institutional world must be promoted.
- Support the testing of innovative training schemes: trainers and field operators must be encouraged to test and implement innovative training schemes for non-native speaking adults.
- Close the gap between research and practice: the collaboration between field operators and the academic world must be promoted.
- Support the learners to get out of the training room: learning community development must be supported and the collaboration between all the actors involved in the reception and training of non-native speaking adults must be encouraged.